1. Use Extension Defender.
Scan your installed extension for adware, malware, or tracking extension.
2. Use Guest Mode or Incognito Mode
3. Disable Flash, Java, and other Plug-in
Flash, Java, other Plug-in sometime have a security issue, disable them will make your browsing experience more secure. Open browser and type chrome://plugins/ , then disable Flash and Java
4. Manage Certificate or import Certificate (and always update it)
5. Use Extension that review the website or give rating , like WoT
other similar extension is : Dr Web Anti-Virus Link Checker , Instant Website Reviews & Antivirus & Flags by Norton, and Avast! Online Security (recommended)
6. Enable option "Send suspicious downloaded files to Google", and "Enable phishing and malware protection" (go to setting>advance settings> privacy)
7. Report to google any suspicious website
report to : http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/report_badware/
8. Use site/extensions that have a ability to check website before entering it.
9. AdBlock (there are 2 apps with similar name, both are fine)
Adblock Plus doesn't just block pesky advertisements (including video ads) — it helps protect your privacy across the web, blocks sections you want to hide (such as comments), and blocks malware.
10. Use extension HTTPS Everywhere.
HTTPS Everywhere will ensure that you always go to a secure site (if available). Without a doubt, this is easiest way to secure your Chrome experience. With HTTPS Everywhere, you don't even have to bother with choosing between http or https -- it does it for you.
Other Similar Extension is KB SSL Enforcer, can help you take advantage of HTTPS/SSL encryption on sites that support it.
11. Extension Disconnect
it blocks third-party tracking cookies. Once installed, this handy extension has an easy access popup menu that will show you everything it has blocked.
12. Enabling 2-step verification google account
On the Google Account Security page, consider enabling Google's 2-step Verification. Once you've done that, you’ll have to enter a special code—which you'll receive via text, voice call, or the Google app—whenever you attempt to sign in to Google from a new PC or mobile device. This scheme ensures that anyone without direct, hands-on access to your mobile hardware will be denied entry into your Google data. When signing in to applications or features that don’t support the verification codes (like Chrome's sync feature), you’ll have to sign in to your Google account, access the 2-step Verification settings, and generate an application-specific password. While on the Google Account Security page, you might also want to turn on email and/or phone notifications for password changes and suspicious log-in attempts. This way, you'll know right away if someone tries to change your password or attempts to log in to your account without your knowledge.
13. View Thru lets you see the destination of shortened URLs.
14. CsFire , protection against malicious cross-domain requests
16. VTchromizer ,Right-click on any link and scan the target with VirusTotal, free and easy. http://www.virustotal.comRight-click on any link and scan the target with VirusTotal, free and easy. Virustotal is a service that analyzes suspicious files and URLs and facilitates the quick detection of viruses, worms, trojans, and all kinds of malware detected by antivirus engines. It is not a substitute for antivirus or security products, but provides a valuable second opinion on a given file or web site. It is completely free and integrates over 40 antivirus solutions and more than 20 URL scanning tools.
17. other good security extension including: KB SSL Enforcer, Ghostery, DoNotTrackMe: Online Privacy, and Secure Downloader. (Secure Downloader is recommended if you want to download something via browser)
18. Use Google DNS, u can set it by go to settings > internet connection > go to Network tab
19. Use Proxy , u can set it by go to settings > internet connection > go to Proxy tab > input your proxy manually
20. Dont use Developer Mode!
21. Disable Crosh
22. use SSH
Not tested yet:
Bitdefender Antivirus Quickscan Extension, Free Antivirus Scan service, MLCD Antivirus, Tinfoil Security, Secure mail for gmail, Recx security, docTrackr, Quick Encrypt, Chromebleed, PunkSpider, Software Vulnerability report, Quttera , Anti-Porn Malware Redirector Pro, WebFilter Pro